by Cross Country Nova Scotia, Staff, December 5, 2022
Hiring P/T Coordinator
Cross Country Nova Scotia is looking for a School Ski Program Coordinator to manage a fleet of youth ski equipment that is available for rent by schools, youth group leaders, and cross-country ski clubs. Our fleet is stored at The Links at Brunello, in Timberlea, Nova Scotia. Most of the work required for this position will be at The Links at Brunello. Learn more about our Group Rental Program.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of organizing the equipment for rental reservations. The Coordinator will be expected to work effectively with multiple stakeholders including staff and management at The Links at Brunello, CCNS administration, CCNS board members, equipment rental groups, and cross-country ski club volunteers.
• Approximately 25 hours / month, January – March, as necessary basis
• $25 / hour
• The successful candidate will be employed on an as necessary basis, in the event the current Program Coordinator, is not available
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Oversee maintenance and repair of the CCNS fleet of skis (repairing damaged equipment, waxing at end of season, scraping at beginning of season, maintain inventory of any equipment that needs to be replaced)
• Communicate with teachers / community organization leaders to specify what equipment they need, prepare equipment for pick-up, offer instruction if requested (at extra cost), deliver equipment if requested (at extra cost), offer suggestions for learn to ski sessions to teachers, coordinate management of equipment with Brunello staff (e.g., ensuring that boots are dried, etc.).
Skills and Attributes:
• Knowledge and experience maintaining and repairing XC ski equipment
• Experience providing beginner ski instruction to children and adults
• Ability to communicate clearly (speaking + writing) with a range of stakeholders
• Ability to communicate and problem solve with a range of stakeholders
Why you’ll love working here:
• A positive sports-minded culture with a focus on helping people enjoy cross-country skiing and the outdoors
• Knowing you helped busy teachers source equipment – so hundreds of students had fun in the snow and escaped the indoors
• Ability to work remotely for administration components. You will work on-site at The Links at Brunello when organizing equipment for rental groups.
• Being a part of a team and contributing to the health and wellness of youth through sport
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, by 11:59 p.m. on December 12, 2022. Include “Application for Ski School” in the subject line.