Cross Country Nova Scotia is a not-for-profit organization, dedicated to advancing the sport of cross-country skiing and its athletes. We’re passionate about inspiring all Nova Scotians to ski for life. CCNS is a member of Nordiq Canada, the national governing body for cross-country skiing. Policies and vision set out by Nordiq Canada, are implemented by CCNS, to meet the evolving requirements of our sport. Funding sources include Nova Scotia Communities, Culture and Heritage, Sport Nova Scotia, sponsors, and membership fees.
Inspire and empower Nova Scotians to achieve excellence, health, and participation in cross-country skiing.
Support our member clubs to promote cross-country skiing for participants of all abilities, ages, and backgrounds.
1. Active Living. Promoting cross-country skiing as part of a healthy lifestyle.
2. Inclusion. Encouraging Nova Scotians of all economic levels, creeds, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, ability and language to participate in cross-country skiing.
3. Excellence. Encourage Nova Scotians to excel fairly and ethically.
4. Respect and Fairness. Providing a safe, fair environment for everyone and promoting respect for our natural world.
5. Fun. Cross-country skiing should be first and foremost a fun and enjoyable experience.
1. Support Nordic Ski Clubs. Improve capacity for provincial clubs to function together to develop the sport in the province.
2. Develop Coaching Capacity. Improve opportunities for coaches and prospective coaches to obtain the training they need.
3. Enhance Athlete Development and Provincial Team Capacity. Increase opportunities for athletes to excel by providing resources and competitive opportunities.
4. Promote Awareness of Cross-Country Skiing in Nova Scotia. Publicly communicate information about clubs, trails, programs and events via the internet and other means.
5. Promote Participation by All Nova Scotians. Encourage people of all creeds, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, ability and language to participate in cross-country skiing.
6. Enhance Event Hosting Capacity. Encourage clubs to host races and increasing race official capacity.
7. Diversify and Increase Resource Levels. Increase resources by encouraging new memberships in clubs, exploring additional revenue streams including new government funding sources.