by Cross Country Nova Scotia, November 7, 2022
Cross Country Nova Scotia is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced individual to work with the support team for the 2023 Nova Scotia Canada Games Team for cross country skiing.
The time commitment for this role is February 26th – Mar. 6th, 2019. This is strictly a volunteer role. The primary tasks of the wax technician are as follows:
- Work with the head coach and assistant coach to:
- Prepare skis for athletes
- Provide athlete support on the racecourse
- Reside at the Canada Games athlete’s village with Team Nova Scotia.
- Complete any required Canada Games orientation sessions, whether in person or online, that are delivered by Sport NS.
- Wear designated Canada Games clothing at official team activities while at the games (clothing will be provided by the NS Canada Team Society).
- Participate in team activities while at the Canada Games, including meetings and group meals. •
- Wax technicians might also be asked to assist with tasks leading up to the Canada Games, which may include waxing at regional events, participation in planning meetings, and assembling the equipment for the team wax box.
The successful candidate will best fit the following criteria:
- Experience with ski care for national level competitions, including:
- Application of paraffin wax, grip wax, klister, liquid glide and fluorocarbon powder
- Base care, including structuring and cleaning
- Preparing skis in a quick and efficient manner, sometimes in time sensitive situations.
- Wax testing
- Experience with the Nova Scotia provincial ski team program
- Familiarity with members of the current team
- Leadership qualities that contribute to a positive, enthusiastic team atmosphere
Please send a letter of intent to Cross Country Nova Scotia, email@example.com. The letter should include an outline of your qualifications and an explanation as to how you can best support the team as a wax technician. Upon the discretion of the head coach, you may be asked for an interview and/or to provide references.
Applications must be received by November 14th, 2022