Annual Event by Scotia XC Ski Club
by Scotia XC Ski Club
The SCOTIA XC Ski Swap will take place on:
- Saturday, November 20th from 11:00am – 1:00pm at The Trail Shop on Quinpool Rd. in Halifax.
This is a terrific opportunity to sell your old ski equipment, buy some gently used gear, and to help new skiers get started. We’re anticipating a significant increase in interest in cross country skiing this winter – “the original winter social distancing sport” and many new skiers will be looking for equipment, so please consider selling some of your old gear to help a new skier get started. Ike Whitehead will be giving waxing demonstrations to help you get your skis ready for the season.
Please note that COVID-19 precautions will apply. All equipment sellers and buyers must wear a mask while inside The Trail Shop.
The club will sell all equipment on consignment and take a 15% commission to help support the club’s activities.
Information for Sellers:
- SCOTIA XC members are welcome to sell your gently used cross country ski equipment – classic or skate – and x-c related equipment like wax benches, ski clothing, and rollerskis. We will not accept old wooden skis, 3-pin bindings or boots, bamboo poles, etc. or other types of equipment (e.g. alpine, snowboards, snowshoes, etc.). If your equipment fits NNN or Salomon bindings, it should be OK.
- Sellers must complete the on-line Ski Swap Seller Information Form (https://forms.gle/EBrADT1Pt4TeMr629) and submit it no later than Nov. 19 Just click on the form, fill it out, and it will automatically save.
- All equipment must be dropped off at The Trail Shop on Saturday, November 20th between 10 and 11 a.m.
- All equipment will be sold only for the seller’s asking price. There will be no negotiating with buyers.
- SCOTIA XC will keep 15% of the selling price to support club activities. The seller will receive the rest of the selling price.
- If your equipment has been sold we will e-transfer the money to you at the e-mail address you indicated on the Form.
- If your equipment has not sold you should pick up your equipment at The Trail Shop by Sunday, November 28th. Any equipment not picked up by November 28th will become the property of the Club.
Information for Buyers:A description of all of the equipment which will be available at the Sale will be posted on the SCOTIA XC Facebook page by November 19. Equipment must be purchased in person at The Trail Shop on a first come, first served basis starting at 11:00 on Nov. 20. Please don’t come before 11:00am.SCOTIA XC FB Page
Payment for purchases must be made by cash or cheque. Credit cards and debits cards cannot be accepted.