by Nordiq Canada, September 9, 2021
The Nordiq Canada fluoro policy for the 2021-22 season will see a full fluoro ban applied for all Nordiq Canada sanctioned events, except for those events that also have a FIS sanction. However, fluorinated kick wax will be exempt from the fluoro ban policy.
What does the ban include?
The fluoro-free rule applies to all Tier 2 level competitions (e.g., provincial cups, provincial champs). This means that:
- High Fluoro (HF), Medium Fluoro (MF) or Low Fluoro (LF) glide waxes, including HF, MF or LF powders, pucks, blocks and liquids are NOT permitted
- Cold-weather powder additives and hardeners containing fluoros are NOT permitted
- Fluorinated grip powders are NOT permitted
Exemptions from the ban
- FIS sanctioned competitions (Tier 1 – NorAm, FIS Regional Cup, Canada Cup and Canadian Ski Championships)
- All kick wax, specifically hard wax and klister
Full policy guidelines
>Nordiq Canada Coaches + Wax Tech webpage
>Ilona Gyapay firstname.lastname@example.org