April skiing at NHN – conditions and weather permitting
by North Highlands Nordic, February 27, 2021
North Highlands Nordic – After yesterday’s announcement by Dr. Strang, new travel restrictions have been put in place for those living in the HRM and two neighbouring municipalities. This comes into effect February 27th, at 8:00 a.m., until at least March 26th. North Highlands Nordic will remain open for skiing and snowshoeing for those living in unaffected regions of the province.
We urge everyone in the affected areas to follow public health guidelines and cease all non-essential travel.We ask that you do not come to North Highlands Nordic if you live within those restricted zones.
Our intention, providing the weather and conditions permit, is to extend the season beyond our scheduled closing date and into April.
- 12 km expertly groomed 16′ wide trails by PistenBully tractor
- Groomed for skate skiing, classic skiing & snowshoeing
- Rental equipment for youth-adult-sizes for classic skis, skate skis, snowshoes + pulk (child’s sled)
- Traveller info & accommodations (click here)
- Highest snowfall precipitation often recorded in March
- Currently, the Gulf of the St. Lawrence, upwind of the Island, remains ice free. This could make for a large Highlands snowbelt this year (click here).
- Planned chalet for 2021-2022 (donate)
- New for this season – groomer & storage building, access trail (click here)
- World-class scenery and hospitality bar none, always included
- Contact – firstname.lastname@example.org, 902-383-2479