Cross Country Nova Scotia is the provincial governing body for cross-country skiing in Nova Scotia. We support and represent our member clubs, throughout the year. Please reach out with questions, concerns, and suggestions. We’re here to help.
Organize a Club!
Do you live in a community that is interested in bringing cross-country skiers and nordic sports enthusiasts together? Consider forming a club. Membership offers the strength of connecting your group with cross-country skiers from other clubs across the province and the country, who are willing to share their expertise. Your group will also gain access to supporting resources.
There are many resources available to clubs who affiliate with Cross Country Nova Scotia. Funding opportunities exist to improve club programs, coach training, equipment, and skiing initiatives. We allocate funding to qualifying clubs in various forms including grants, fund-matching, and loans. View our document centre to review current funding opportunities.
Our Services to You
- Administer funding to clubs.
- Liaise with external partners, including (Sport Nova Scotia, Nova Scotia Communities, Culture and Heritage).
- Promotion and coordination of try skiing events.
- Provide third party sport liability insurance and directors and operators, through Nordiq Canada. Covers all club members involved in ski-related activities.
- Administer and support rewards programs for athletes, coaches, and volunteers.
- Promote the delivery of programs including Bunny Rabbit, Jackrabbit and Track Attack.
- Operates the Nova Scotia Ski Team including governance, subsidization, policy development, coaching selections, training opportunities and development.
- Provides internal and external communication (Cross County Nova Scotia website, social media).
Cross-country ski clubs independently determine their membership fee structures. A portion of each membership is dispursed to Cross Country Nova Scotia and Nordiq Canada.
|Individual||13 yrs +||$15*|
|Family||2 people – additional $8 / person||$30*|