Cross Country Nova Scotia (CCNS) is the provincial sport governing body for cross-country skiing in our province. Individuals gain membership in CCNS, by joining one of our member cross-country ski clubs. CCNS membership enables skiers to become a fundamental part of Nova Scotia’s cross-country ski community. Members contribute to CCNS tangentially, by supporting their clubs.
Organize a Club
Do you live in a community that is interested in bringing cross-country skiers and nordic sports enthusiasts together? Consider forming a club. CCNS membership offers the strength of connecting your group with cross-country skiers from other clubs across the province and the country, who are willing to share their expertise. Your group will also gain access to supporting resources.
There are many resources available to clubs who affiliate with Cross Country Nova Scotia. Funding opportunities exist to improve club programs, coach training, equipment, and skiing initiatives. Funding sources include Sport Nova Scotia, Nordiq Canada, and additional options. CCNS allocates funding to qualifying clubs in various forms including grants, fund-matching, and loans.
CCNS Services to Members
1.Funding. Administer funding to clubs.
2. External Partners. Liaise with Sport Nova Scotia and Nova Scotia Communities, Culture and Heritage.
3. Try Skiing Events. Promotion and coordination of try skiing events.
4. Insurance. Provide third party sport liability insurance and directors and operators, through Nordiq Canada. Covers all club members involved in ski-related activities.
5. Recognition Programs. Administers and supports rewards programs for athletes, coaches, and volunteers.
6. Communications. Provide communications: website, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
7. Skill Development Programs. CCNS promotes delivery of programs including Bunny Rabbit, Jackrabbit and Track Attack.
8. Nova Scotia Cross-Country Ski Team. Govern, subsidize and operations including: policy development, coaching selections, training opportunities and development.
|Individual||13 yrs +||$15*|
|Family||2 people – additional $8 / person||$30*|