You found us. Welcome to the updated CCNS website. A sincere thank-you to all of the volunteers who contributed, your time and expertise is much appreciated.
Published: October 20, 2019
The many faces of Nova Scotia’s cross-country ski community. Our builders, conversationalists, outdoor-lovers, passionate competitors, bunny rabbits, historical influencers, grand-masters, volunteers, leaders, slow pokes & speedsters, administrators, jackrabbits, ski friends… all brought together by XC. Join us for 2020 and XC for LIFE.
Much to be Proud of
Cross-country skiing provides meaning for entire lifetimes… for as many different reasons as there are skiers. Nova Scotia’s history of cross-country skiing is packed with inspirational people and good times, as is our living history. Dedicated people are the strength of Nova Scotia’s ski community. We have a lot to be proud of. This website will serve to showcase our sport and its people.
The website is in phase one of development, which provides a framework. Over time, we will build on this foundation, to fill it with as many inspirational people as possible – through primary historical sources, stories, photos, and video. Additionally, informative cross-country skiing resources will be updated.
To be Noted
- We believe in genuine content. All photos welcome from skiers who wish to contribute. No minimum resolution required… just so long as you’re having good XC times.
- Photos – approximately 2,200 published on website.
- Photo headers at top of pages change every time the page is refreshed.
- More information and research is required to complete particular pages. We appreciate your patience as our volunteer team coordinates.
- History is important. We are sourcing primary and secondary information to document the history of cross-country skiing in Nova Scotia. Stay tuned for more content.
Content from skiers will inspire more people to hit the trails, and connect with Nova Scotia’s cross-country ski community. We would love to share your content – photos, video or written.
Please drop a line if you have content to share, firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you on the trails.